New hit song – Ki Hirbeisa

Articles, General, Music — By on March 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Ki Hirbeisa

I was speaking to a friend who recently got back from Israel, and I heard a song that sounded somewhat familiar playing in the background.

I asked him which song was playing, and he replied, “That’s the new hit song Ki Hirbeisa. The whole Israel is going crazy about it. Every where you go, you hear it being played.”

I was trying to figure out where I heard it, and I remembered that when I was by Purim Mesiba by Bais Medrash Govoha in Lakewood on Purim night, where Abish Brodt and his sons sang, they sang this song, and everyone there was going wild – it must have gone on for at least 20 minutes.

The words come from the Shir Hayichud for Yom Rishon (I found it in the Yom Kippur Machzor, after Ma’ariv, but I put in the words below, to make it easier).

After doing some more research, I got some more information (special thanks to TheJewishInsights.com).

The song was originally composed by Rabbi Avraham Mlovicki, a Slonimer chosid, and was first played by the Simchas Beis HaShoeivah in Viznitz this past Succos.

After that, it made it’s way around, and quickly became a big hit.

Avraham Fried decided to release an official recording, and put out a single a few months ago, arranged by Yuval Shtupul.

The single was released in Israel, and doesn’t seem to have made it’s way to the US yet, but it’s such an amazing song that we’re attaching it below.

Learn it well, and use it often!

Enjoy!

Here are the words:

כִּי הִרְבֵּיתָ טוֹבוֹת אֵלָי, כִּי הִגְדַּלְתָּ חַסְדְּךָ עָלָי

וּמָה אָשִׁיב לָךְ וְהַכֹּל שֶׁלָּךְ, לְךָ שָׁמַיִם אַף אֶרֶץ לָךְ

וַאֲנַחְנוּ עַמְּךָ וְצֹאנֶךָ, וַחֲפֵצִים לַעֲשֹוֹת רְצוֹנֶךָ

And here’s a video from Purim in Bais Medrash Govoha, which was edited from a video from Matzav.com:

1. stevew says:

FYI, I saw it being sold in Judaica Plaza in Lakewood before Purim.

2. Dave Hirsch says:

You can buy it all over the place. I saw it in GalPaz in Boro Park.

3. JMMaven says:

I hadn’t seen it for sale in the US, but if y’all saw it, I guess it’s around.
    And I had searched youtube for Ki Hirbeisa and Ki Hirbaisa, and didn’t find anything, but now, when I searched for Ki Hirbaisa, a few things come up. Some are just the audio track with the words, but here’s a clip of Shloime Gertner singing it – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62KoPMAJDM
    And here’s what looks like the audio from the Simchas Beis HaShoeivah – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pzHfYIvnig
    Either way – it’s an amazing song.
    If you don’t yet know it, learn it well!!

4. simcha says:

If I remember correctly this was available as a free download a while ago.. Its quite a chutzPOW that they are selling it for $5 on Mostlymusic!
    Either way its quite a great song…

5. InDefenseofMM says:

Simcha, in defense of MostlyMusic.com, the Single is being distributed by Greentec and Bama Universally, and the wholesale price is also very high. All the stores are selling it for $5 as well. I do agree though, $5 is a lot for a single.

OH and just as a side note, this single was never given out for free. People just ripped it from Israel and posted it online.

6. JMMaven says:

A friend told me that he bought it in Israel for somewhere around 3-4 shekel. That’s at most a bit more than a dollar…
    And that was a CD.
    Couldn’t Mostly Music sell it as a download, for a lot less?