SPLASHNEWS- So its that time of year again, the one that’s really hard on us music lovers. Yes, it may be sefira but Eli Gerstner, together with Yossi Newman have given us more than just something to listen to, with this newest version of the Yeshiva Boys Choir all done a capella! This cd features a great assortment of songs including the already popular Amein Amein Amein Amein. Wow, that’s a lot of ameins! This brand new song is an upbeat song and very catchy. You may ask how you can have a catchy song with no music but Eli Gerstner suprises us with his amazing drumming. No, not with drums, but with his mouth! Without any computerization, I must say I am highly impressed. Most songs on the album feature these “drums” and this really adds a lot, without leaving you wondering if it just might be music… The album also features some heartwarming slow songs including Odcha and Ess Ponecha from the Chevra albums. The beautiful Eishes Chayil which was composed by Yossi Newman (originally for a color war song) is also featured on the album. Yisimchu and Hayom are the more funky songs and really fun to listen to. Yisimchu also has something we haven’t heard on previous YBC albums, which is an authentic Israeli soloist. I think this contrasts beautifully and I would like to see more of this in the future. My favorite song on the album is the brand new Al Naharos Bavel which was written by Eli for the three weeks. It is a stunning song with great solos that really bring out the high part beautifully. This song is sure to be a hit in many camps this summer. At the end of the album lies a real treat, with the super popular Ah Ah Ah done in acapella, although I must admit almost had me checking to see if this one has music! It sounds that good. Many people are asking me why they would put out a sefira album? Well, for that and much more, you can read our interview with Eli Gerstner right here on JMR. Just click on interviews in the news section and see SPLASHNEWS-Jewish Star. All in all this cd will please kids of all ages as well as adults who enjoy the angelic voices YBC.
- New Releases
- News Tips
- JMDerech Review of The Chevra 4 (Chai)
- Now In Stores! YBC – Amein – A Cappela CD
- YBC: Amein A Capella Video
- HILLELKAPS – Review of YBC – Amein x4
- Concert Recap: YBC Live Pesach 12!
- YBC Live Pesach 2012
- YBC LIVE PESACH 2011 ANNOUNCED
- SPLASHNEWS Review of The Chevra-“Chai”
- Big News! YBC, Uncle Moishy, Ringling Bros at Barclays Center!
- Country Yossi Cover Reveals All New YBC Album!
- New 8th day music video “Just Like You” on
- HASC 28 CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT! on
- SPLASHNEWS-Review of Boruch Sholom-“Bishvili Nivra Haolam” on
- Chabad Niggunim You’ve Never Heard on
- Shimon’s Review of “Beats” by EvanAl Orchestra and Yoely Greenfeld on
- Ephy Greene – Nachamu on
- The Jewish Music Show – New Episode Now Available for Download on
- Nachas – Bischar Zeh Audio Preview on
- Boruch Sholom’s Debut Album Is Almost Here! (COVER +AUDIO PREVIEW) on
- HASC 28 CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT! on
- No commented posts yet
- HILLELKAPS – Review of Miami Boys Choir “Ut Ut”
- I CAN BE | Official music video by Shwekey | יעקב שוואקי | אני יכול
- New 8th day music video “Just Like You”
- SPLASHNEWS-Review of Boruch Sholom-“Bishvili Nivra Haolam”
- OutOfTowner reviews Ata Imadi by Dovid Lowy
- Now Available: Yaakov Shwekey – I Can Be (Single)
- Shwekey to Release Brand New Single!
- Ephy Greene – Nachamu
- Benny Friedman – Toda! The Music Video
- The Jewish Music Show – New Episode Now Available for Download
Articles, General, Reviews — By SPLASHNEWS on April 22, 2012 9:37 am