SPLASHNEWS- So its that time of year again, the one that’s really hard on us music lovers. Yes, it may be sefira but Eli Gerstner, together with Yossi Newman have given us more than just something to listen to, with this newest version of the Yeshiva Boys Choir all done a capella! This cd features a great assortment of songs including the already popular Amein Amein Amein Amein. Wow, that’s a lot of ameins! This brand new song is an upbeat song and very catchy. You may ask how you can have a catchy song with no music but Eli Gerstner suprises us with his amazing drumming. No, not with drums, but with his mouth! Without any computerization, I must say I am highly impressed. Most songs on the album feature these “drums” and this really adds a lot, without leaving you wondering if it just might be music… The album also features some heartwarming slow songs including Odcha and Ess Ponecha from the Chevra albums. The beautiful Eishes Chayil which was composed by Yossi Newman (originally for a color war song) is also featured on the album. Yisimchu and Hayom are the more funky songs and really fun to listen to. Yisimchu also has something we haven’t heard on previous YBC albums, which is an authentic Israeli soloist. I think this contrasts beautifully and I would like to see more of this in the future. My favorite song on the album is the brand new Al Naharos Bavel which was written by Eli for the three weeks. It is a stunning song with great solos that really bring out the high part beautifully. This song is sure to be a hit in many camps this summer. At the end of the album lies a real treat, with the super popular Ah Ah Ah done in acapella, although I must admit almost had me checking to see if this one has music! It sounds that good. Many people are asking me why they would put out a sefira album? Well, for that and much more, you can read our interview with Eli Gerstner right here on JMR. Just click on interviews in the news section and see SPLASHNEWS-Jewish Star. All in all this cd will please kids of all ages as well as adults who enjoy the angelic voices YBC.
- New Releases
- News Tips
- JMDerech Review of The Chevra 4 (Chai)
- Now In Stores! YBC – Amein – A Cappela CD
- YBC: Amein A Capella Video
- HILLELKAPS – Review of YBC – Amein x4
- Concert Recap: YBC Live Pesach 12!
- YBC Live Pesach 2012
- YBC LIVE PESACH 2011 ANNOUNCED
- SPLASHNEWS Review of The Chevra-”Chai”
- Big News! YBC, Uncle Moishy, Ringling Bros at Barclays Center!
- Country Yossi Cover Reveals All New YBC Album!
- Review: Lipa – Dus Pintele
- Benny Friedman Rocks North Miami Beach!
- New Single from Eliezer Aurbach, Ani Omel
- New Single From Ethnix
- Baruch Levine: Modim Ananchu Lach
- Ari Goldwag: Am Echad
- Hislahavus’ Review of the Naftali Kalfa Project
- Step It Up for the Younger Set with Junior Dance Game
- [Video] Nachas – Badaboom
- Hislahavus’ Review of Aaron Holder’s Something Stronger
- Hislahavus on Hislahavus’ Review of Fried’s Ah Mechaye
- Harold Gee on Hislahavus’ Review of Fried’s Ah Mechaye
- Nate on [Music Video] “Miracle” New York Boys Choir
- emel on [Video] Maccabeats – Burn
- mk on Gertner Releases Album Cover – New CD Next Week!
- Meir Elkabas on Best Of: Abie Rotenberg
- rachel yadin on [Video] – Naftali Kalfa with Shlomo Katz
- miri on Hasc 27 Lineup Announced
- Aarón Pier on Best Of: Abie Rotenberg
- shaul on Hasc 27 Lineup Announced
- No commented posts yet
Articles, General, Reviews — By SPLASHNEWS on April 22, 2012 9:37 am